Looking for a topical vitamin C serum? With the added benefits of MAP, Ferulic Acid, Vitamin E, Glutathione, Hyaluronic Acid, Sea Kelp Bioferment, and Oat Beta Glucan, our Vitamin C+ Serum will improve your skin clarity and tone as well as fade dark spots.
Created for all skin types, our Vitamin C+ Serum will make your skin appear firmer and smoother with consistent, continued use. In addition, you will notice visible improvement in skin tone, skin hydration, the appearance of fine lines, and the depth of wrinkles.
Important in maintaining skin health, Vitamin C is a vital anti-aging ingredient due to its essential qualities as a powerful antioxidant. As an antioxidant, it slows the damage caused by free radicals, unstable molecules that harm our skin’s collagen. Free radicals both cause and increase the rate of the wrinkles, fine lines, skin dryness, and damage we face, so limiting these damaging molecules is vital. Vitamin C is clinically proven to not only neutralize free radicals, but also reverse damage on a DNA level.
What Should You Look For In A VITAMIN C SERUM?
Before purchasing a Vitamin C face serum, you should check to see if it does the following:
- Powerful Vitamin C serums should be made from L-Ascorbic Acid at 20% for maximal absorption, as it’s the only true effective form of Vitamin C. Our formula is 20% L-Ascorbic Acid.
- It must be stable. The Glutathione in our Vitamin C+ Serum stabilizes both Vitamin E and L-Ascorbic Acid. In addition to Glutathione, MAP also provides added stability.
- The serum must have a pH that is less than 3.5. Without that, the serum won’t be able to penetrate the skin. Our Vitamin C+ Serum has a pH of 2.0.
- It must be non-irritating. Our topical vitamin c serum has a pH of 2.0, but because we’ve added MAP, all skin types can safely use our formula, even the most sensitive.
- It must come in a glass, air-tight UV-protectant container. Without that protection, it will lose its effectiveness.
- Delivering L-Ascorbic Acid depends on a correct formula, which we’ve achieved!
How To Preserve And Take Care Of Your Serum:
Our serum should be stored in a dark closet or light-tight container at room temperature, avoiding excess UV exposure and warm temperatures. The shelf life of our serum is THREE months. Because of this, we recommend you buy Vitamin C products one at a time. Even with our added stabilizers, the limited shelf life is reality of vitamin C serums, which means it’s not a product you want to “buy in bulk.” Also, contrary to what you might have heard, refrigerating this serum will not prolong its shelf life.
The unprocessed Glutathione has a sulfur smell which dissipates after application.
PLEASE NOTE: The Ferulic Acid in our Vitamin C+ Serum causes it to be yellow when it is made. After it is bottled in its UV-protectant glass container, it will either be milky, clear, or stay yellow. The color of your serum largely depends on its temperature, but know that if your Vitamin C+ Serum is YELLOW, it is still fine, stable, and effective. However, if your serum turns dark yellow, this means it has oxidized and should be thrown away.
Vitamin C+ Serum Benefits
Below, you can find several of the benefits you may receive from regular use of our Vitamin C+ Serum with Vitamin E, Ferulic Acid & Glutathione. The Glutathione in our topical serum really makes a huge difference!
- Contains the most powerful antioxidants available
- Noticeably improves skin texture, volume and smoothness
- Tightens and firms skin, increasing its elasticity
- An excellent treatment for fragile or “crepey” skin
- A collagen stimulator, particularly collagen type I and type III
- Protects skin against UV cell damage
- Enhances the potency of sunscreen actives
- Fades lines and wrinkles, from deep lines to fine ones
- Fights against the formation of future lines and wrinkles
- Works to heal hyperpigmentation, age spots, and sun damage
- Hydrates skin, preventing dryness
- Diminishes pore size
- Strengthen skin's barrier response
- Reduces inflammation
- Is non-irritating and safe on all skin types
- 100% vegetarian and not tested on animals (as with all of our products)
As both a method of prevention and correction, our Vitamin C+ Serum is an essential part of our recommended anti-aging skincare routine.
Directions: Massage into your skin in the morning. Allow to dry completely before applying any other products. Avoid getting into your eyes. Please note the 3 month shelf life.
Use other NCN products? Here’s the order you should use them:
- Also using our GHK-Cu Copper Peptide Amino Complex? If so, use the Vitamin C+ Serum in the morning and the GHK-Cu Copper Peptide at night. If you like, you can alternate them instead, using GHK-Cu one day and the Vitamin C+ Serum the next.
- Using both our All-Trans Retinol 2.0% Formula II AND GHK-Cu Copper Peptide Amino Complex? If so, we recommend you use GHK-Cu Copper Peptide Amino Complex one night, and All-Trans Retinol 2.0% Formula II the next night (alternate nights).
- Using additional products? You’re welcome to check out our How to Use page for our complete skin care line instructions and order recommendations.
Ingredients: Water/Distilled Orange Blossom, 20% L-Ascorbic Acid, & 5% MAP (Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate), Hyaluronic Acid, Glutathione, Sea Kelp Bioferment, Oat Beta Glucan, Vitamin E (mixture of Tocopherols & Tocotrienols), Ferulic Acid, Polysorbate 80, Optiphen.
Detailed Ingredient Information for Our Natural Vitamin C Serum:
Glutathione is both a stabilizer for L-Ascorbic acid and one of the body’s best natural antixodant and detoxifying systems. However, over time, our Glutathione depletes and no longer stands up as a defense against rapid aging. The Glutathione in this serum contributes toward boosting our body’s natural levels. In addition, the inclusion of Glutathione in this serum allows the L-Ascorbic acid to stabilize.
L-Ascorbic acid is a proven must-have source of vitamin C for the most effective Vitamin C serums. In fact, studies and tests have proven its effectiveness, which comes from its ability to allow for deep, lasting penetration. And while L-Ascorbic acid is normally unstable on its own, the inclusion of Glutathione and MAP (Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate) stabilize both it and Vitamin E.
MAP (Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate) is, again, included in this formulation for the added stability it brings, but it also may contribute many other wonderful benefits to this serum. It lends itself to UV protection and repair, it helps to enhance collagen production, and it both lightens and brightens skin. Its skin lightening and smoothing properties make it excellent for treating hyperpigmentation, skin discoloration, and sun damage. If that wasn’t enough, it’s highly non-irritating and a powerful antioxidant that protects against oxidation and inflammation.
Sea Kelp Bioferment is a powerful all natural mineral oil-free moisturizer that suits all skin types. It also firms, smooths, and calms skin. It's a natural sea algae that contains high amounts of algin, carrageenan, and beneficial trace minerals.
Oat Beta Glucan is an active accelerator; it helps the other actives in this formula penetrate the skin and work better as well in addition to providing benefits all its own. Showing results in as little as 10 days, this effective all natural ingredient repairs skin, stimulates collagen production, moisturizes dry and damaged skin, penetrates deeply– all the way to the dermis where wrinkles form, and diminishes those lines and wrinkles by 10-15%. It is also non-irritating, ideal for use for all skin types, and deeply healing.
Question: What is the shelf life of the Vitamin C+ Serum?
Answer: The shelf life is 3 months.
Question: Should I store Vitamin C+ Serum in the refrigerator? Will it prolong its life?
Answer: Storing Vitamin C+ Serum in the refrigerator will not prolong its shelf life. It should be stored at room temperature in a dark place, like a storage closet.
Question: My Vitamin C+ Serum is a light champagne color, has it oxidized?
Answer: No, your Vitamin C+ Serum either clear, cloudy or pale yellow depending on the temperature. If it turns dark orange or brown, it has oxidized, and it time to toss it out. If you use it within 6 months, it will not oxidize on you.
Question: I have very sensitive skin; can I use your Vitamin C+ Serum?
Answer: Yes, you can absolutely use it! With the addition of MAP, even the most sensitive skin types, including Rosacea can use our formula. It MAY sting a little the first couple of times you use it, but that’s it!
Question: When should I apply it?
Answer: Apply your Vitamin C+ Serum in the morning. It works as a “booster” to assist your SPF.
Question: How should I use it with GHK-Cu Copper Peptide Serum with EGF?
Answer: You can use them together, but there needs to be a 15 minute wait period between them. Apply the GHK-Cu Copper Peptide Serum, wait 15 minutes and apply the Vitamin C+ Serum. You can also use the Vitamin C+ Serum in the morning, and the GHK-Cu Copper Peptide Serum with EGF at night.
Question: I’ve heard that Vitamin C in the form of L-Ascorbic Acid should not be used with a product containing Niacinamide. Can I use the All-In-One over my Vitamin C+ Serum since it has Niacinamide in it?
Answer: Yes, you absolutely can. L-Ascorbic Acid and Niacinamide can cancel each other out when both ingredients are used in the same formula. But they can be layered without being ineffective when each formula is stable. For instance, you can spritz your skin with the Orange Blossom Hydrating Mist, and while your skin is still damp, you can apply our award winning All-In-One (or any other formula containing Niacinamide) over it.