01 Apr At Home Spa Treatments For Some Quarantine R & R
At home spa treatments are all we can do right now with social distancing. Our 30% Pro Pumpkin Peel Kit is an uplifting experience for your skin as well as your sense of being.
Here are some other “at home spa treatments” that you can get from your pantry. I took this from American Spa magazine and wanted to share it with you. I’m trying them all!
From American Spa Magazine
“Now more than ever, it’s important we stay home and practice social distancing. Before you panic, staying home doesn’t have to be boring—it’s actually a good opportunity to focus on things we may have been putting off, like self-care. To promote an at-home spa day, Westgate Park City Resort & Spa (UT) is sharing modified versions of Serenity Spa by Westgate’s signature treatments—Coconut Milk Scalp Treatment, Lip Rejuvenation, and Essential Healing Ritual—that can easily be completed at home. Check out the step-by-step instructions below”.
Coconut Milk Scalp Treatment
- Step 1: Put a towel in the dryer.
- Step 2: Mix 1/4 cup brown sugar with 1/4 cup olive oil or your favorite conditioner to make a DIY hair mask.
- Step3: Massage the DIY hair mask onto your scalp, providing a gentle exfoliation.
- Step 4: Once complete, wrap a heated towel around your head, lay down, and close your eyes for at least 10 minutes or until towel is cool.
- Step 5: Rinse mask out with warm water.
- Step 1: Rejuvenate your lips by cleansing with a soft towel and warm water.
- Step 2: Remove dead skin cells by rubbing brown sugar onto your lips, making sure to move upwards for additional tightening assistance.
- Step 3: Apply a lip balm to maintain hydration.
Essential Healing Ritual
- Step 1: Set up a relaxing space.
- Step 2: Clear your thoughts.
- Step 3: Take three deep breaths of your preferred essential oil based on the desired result:
- Cinnamon or Ginger for increased immunity
- Lavender for total relaxation
- A blend of peppermint and tea tree oil for pain relief, applying to neck and shoulders
- Ginger or Grapefruit to your feet for a boost to your mood.
Here are some more great ideas for DIY treatments from Andy at Porch.com – click here! Thank you Andy!
I feel that the essential healing ritual is something we really need to do for ourselves right now. Take good care of yourself please. xo