06 Dec Products that protect skin from blue light to use at night
We’ve been hearing a lot lately how blue light isn’t good for our eyes, but also how damaging it is to our skin. I’ve added ingredients to I’m Covered Mineral Sunscreen SPF 40; which is great for daytime. But we need protection from blue light at night as well.
What exactly is blue light?
From Wikipedia: “Blue light is a range of the visible light spectrum, defined as having a wavelength between 400−495 nm. This short wavelength means that blue light is a type of high-energy visible light, defined as having a wavelength between 400 and 450 nm”.
Products that protect skin at night from blue light
Products that have the following antioxidants in them are high on the list for protecting our skin from blue light:
- White tea: All In One.
- Green tea: All-In-One, Exfoliate, Pumpkin Peel Neutralizer, Acne Solutions Treatment Toner.
- Glutathione: Vitamin C+ Serum (some use this at night).
- Elderberry: All-In-One, Rinseable Cleansing Oil.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C+ Serum.
- Vitamin E: All-Trans Retinol I & II, Volu-Lift Recontouring Face Cream, Phyto Biotics Blueberry & Oat Skin Quench, Exfoliate, Multi-Active Accelerator, Vitamin C+ Serum, Eye Fix, Acne Solutions Treatment Toner, 30% Pro Pumpkin Peel, Multi-Active Peptide Matrixyl Serum 25%.
- Retinol (vitamin A): All-Trans Retinol I & II.
- Grape seed: All-In-One, All-Trans Retinol I & II, Eye Fix, Volu-Lift Recontouring Face Cream & Phyto Biotics Blueberry & Oat Skin Quench, Multi-Active Peptide Matrixyl Serum 25%, Multi-Active Accelerator, Pumpkin Peel Neutralizer.
- Superoxide dismutase: Eye Fix.
- Resveratrol: Volu-Lift Recontouring Face Cream & Phyto Biotics Blueberry & Oat Skin Quench.
- Niacinamide (vitamin B3): All-In-One, Acne Solutions Serum.
- Coenzyme Q10: All-In-One.
- Raspberry seed oil: Eye Fix.
- Rosehip: All-In-One, Corrective Face Oil Cocktail.
- Sea buckthorn: DNA Serum, Corrective Face Oil Cocktail.