18 May Nanci Callahan Nivolo 20 Things You Don’t Know About Me.
Happy Friday everyone!
I always look forward to writing in my blog every Friday. I thought I’d do something completely different and list 20 things you don’t know about me. Nothing to do with skin care, but I hope you find it interesting!
- I don’t use an alarm clock. I’m up at 6:30 every morning; I have a built-in alarm clock!
- Water is my favorite beverage.
- I eat a plant based diet. I’ve fallen in love with home food delivery and am over the moon with both Sun Basket and Hello Fresh. Once a month I’ll indulge with a piece of fish.
- I have 4 cats, 2 goats, 1 stray feral cat, 2 opossums, 3 raccoons, and 3 woodchucks. I LOVE animals! I feed them all except the woodchucks. They live under one of my barns.
- If and when I retire, I’ll be a full time farmer.
- I’m OCD about many things, and will not hire anyone who isn’t OCD. We’re perfectionists!
- I was a makeup artist at Boyd’s in New York City in the early 80’s.
- I didn’t always work in the beauty industry. There was a period where I was a systems analyst for a large insurance company.
- I was divorced in 2014, and I must say I’m happily divorced! I’m very independent and enjoy my freedom.
- I’m 5′ 6″ and weigh 132 pounds.
- The only pieces of jewelry I wear are a belly ring and the ring my father gave my mom on their 40th wedding anniversary. It’s a simple gold band with 5 diamonds representing our family.
- I didn’t start getting passionate about skin care until I was 45. I’m 64 at this writing.
- I have two sisters and one brother. Linda is 6 years older than I am, Dennis is only 18 months older, and Cara is 10 years younger. Both of my parents have passed.
- I have one kidney. In 2012 I had to have one of my kidneys removed due to cancer. I’m cancer free and living just fine with one kidney.
- I grew up on a dairy farm which belonged to my maternal grandfather. What a life! My family lived in the big farm house that my mother was born in.
- I was involved in a summer theater group when I was in my teens. I played Mammy Yokum in Li’l Abner and Adelaide in Guys and Dolls. In late 90’s I was Fanny Brice’s assistant in Funny Girl at the Warner Theater in Torrington, CT. I had 25 lines… 🙂
- I LOVE living alone!
- My sense on fashion style is not frilly. My favorite designer is Desigual. But most often you’ll find me in muck boots and jeans.
- I read very fast! I can look at a paragraph without reading it line by line and know what it says. My family and I joke about my brain working like a scanner.
- I love what I do for a living and don’t consider it “work”.
The photo was taken in a section of one of my barns, the old milk house. It was taken with my Samsung cell phone which has a built in filter. Maybe it’s cheating, but boy, it makes me look better!! LOL I hope you’ve enjoyed reading 20 things you don’t know about me. Have a wonderful weekend!!! Nanci xo